Friday, June 4, 2010

Oh shit, where did I put that book?!

I misplaced Bound by Donna Jo Napoli. I need to return all my books to the public library tomorrow, seeing as I am leaving town this weekend and won't return for a while. Shit, I know I brought it outdoors and read it while sunning myself. Hopefully, I didn't leave it outside. It's been raining recently, and the idea of soggy, lost books makes me sad.

I'm currently reading two other books as well: Little Sister by Kara Dalkey and Graceling by Kristin Cashore. Little Sister is a reread (I think I first read it in middle school) and I picked up Graceling because Wren and what seems like most of the reviewers on Amazon are mad about it.

So far, I have mixed feeling about Graceling. Frankly, I had a hard time getting through Part One and would have dropped the book if it didn't seem like an overwhelming majority of reviewers were raving about it. I stuck with it though and am glad I did because the plot started to pick up immediately after page 143.

Or at least it seemed to... Right now the events are dragging again, and the two main characters are traveling and... talking about their feelings.

Personally, I'm not feeling very emotionally invested in Katsa and Po's budding relationship. I'd rather have less romance and more Katsa stabbing people in the face. But hey, I'm on page... let's see... 237, so there's still time left to convince me.

On the plus side, my copy of The Hunger Games was returned to me today and I finally found out who has my copy of Catching Fire.

~Mim

No comments:

Post a Comment